Finally back to work on the Grandfather Clock… I’ve mostly been milling up boards for the case that will “hold the pendulum” (it’s really going to hold shelves), but I finally started putting the case together today.
It’s only about half done, but I was moderately impressed with the work I did, so I wanted to take a couple pictures before heading inside for a snack.
The only downside is I managed to blow out a huge chunk of wood from one of the show faces, so i took some pictures. I was planning to add some mouldings to cover the dovetails, anyway, so I’ll just make them a little bigger to cover a big chunk of missing wood. The difference between a professional and an amateur isn’t that the professional makes less mistakes, it’s that he knows how to fix them.
(sorry for the crappy picture quality; I didn’t want to drag my big camera out in the rain)